Tony says: “I knew that in order to control my blood sugar, I was going to have to create my own meals more. And thankfully, that has happened with DMP!"
It's true - creating your own meals does make life easier and more enjoyable.
But we understand, for some people (and that may be you) there can be a few obstacles to overcome.
- You might not know how to cook all too well
- You may think the meals aren’t really suited to you
- The meals may be very different to what you normally eat
- You don't want to slave away in the kitchen
- Some ingredients may be new to you
- You could be stuck in a rut
If you relate to any of this, we understand. But the most important thing is: don’t give up on yourself!
It’s normal to face a few obstacles when getting started with a new way of eating.
To help you gain some confidence and quick wins, we’ve put together a small collection of easy, tasty meals.
Login to the Members site to try:
- Chicken Enchiladas or Vegetarian Enchiladas
- Beef Goulash with Low Carb Rice or Vegetarian Tofu Massaman Curry with "Rice"
- Ground Turkey Lasagna or Vegetarian Savory Baked Pancake
- “Potato” Salad the DMP way
If you’re struggling to get started, skip the meal plans this week and just try a meal or two from the easy collection above.
Tony says: “OMG! I am not a good cook. I joined your site determined to do better. Made this dish (Beef Goulash) and it is fabulous. Best meal I ever made for myself. So easy! Thanks!"
This mini meals collection:
- Contains ingredients everyone can easily find at the store
- Are easy to make
- All have cooking classes so you can’t go wrong
- Are super tasty!
Once you try a few meals, you’re going to feel much more confident that you can try even more new things, and love them equally as well as any “normal” foods you may be used to eating.
Remember, you signed up as a DMP member so you can enjoy life more and regulate blood sugar and A1c. And that’s exactly what we’re here to help you do!
Tony says: “I’m down 30 lbs since joining last year and my last A1C was 6.4”
If you are finding it challenging to get started, that's okay - just take it one step at a time.
Make it a goal to try at least one new meal each week. You will be pleasantly surprised at your ability to create easy and tasty meals you’ll love!
To bookmark your favorites:
Use the "heart icon"
Then you can access your favorites list anytime by navigating to "FAVS" from the top navigation of the members site.
With the huge collection of meals we have, along with a new variety of meals coming each week, you really have everything you need to find a range of meals suit your preferences, get started and keep on going, so you can get results - just like Tony has!